“Behind every decision made there needs to be a reason or some kind of value to motivate you to make that decision”.
Having a strong immune system is one of the most powerful assets you could have in your life and I will do my best to help you understand why?
If I were to ask you do you enjoy being sick? I’m sure your instant answer would be no. No one enjoys being sick, however unfortunately getting sick is something that happens to us all. What if I told you we are in control of when we get sick and what sickness you get? We fail to see that from a conscious level we manifest this, and it goes deeper than just conscious, it’s from a subconscious level too.
Why subconscious? We are programming and processing from 95% of an unconscious level at all times. Your conscious mind provides 5% less cognitive activity during the day, and 5% is for people that are more aware, there are a great number of people that operate just 1% consciousness.
Majority of ‘illnesses’ begin with emotions and it is at a subconscious level that these illnesses are developed. “Our conscious mind actually commands and your subconscious mind obeys”. How does one control our subconscious? Well first let’s explore our Immune system and where the immune system fits into this…
There is an area in the brain called the hypothalamus and it is responsible for translating emotions into physiological responses. It regulates blood sugar levels, body temperature, your appetite and bodily systems – such as the heart, lung, circulatory and digestive systems – by receiving emotions from neuropeptides.
Neuropeptides are chemical hormones that carry emotions back and forth between the body and the brain. Neuropeptides (almost completely) link the thoughts in your brain to the organs in your body, by doing so in that way affecting every bodily system, including the disease-fighting system.
When you have fear based or stress related negative thoughts, your body responds by turning off the immune system, but if your conscious and subconscious mind powers are matched up with positive thoughts your body responds with improved healing and health.
So before you find natural ways for boosting your immune system, it is important to eliminate the things that can result in immune system disorders. For examples, as previously mentioned negative thinking, stress and depression and bad habits like smoking. Limit the things that can weaken your immune system because when your immune system is not strong, it gets easy for viruses and diseases to attack the body.
Here are a few helpful ways for boosting your immune system and improving your body’s potential to fight disease, because a stronger immune system will help you to live a longer healthier life.
Positive thinking and Meditation
- Start your day of with positive thoughts, and picture how you want your day to turn out vs what you don’t want to happen.
- Meditate – Give yourself 5-10 minutes everyday to find that piece within yourself by breathing, focusing on your breath by being present. Note: Many people convince themselves that they don’t have a spare10 minutes, if you find your self doing this STOP! “Its not true”.
Eat Low-Fat and Healthy Foods
- Try to include those foods in your diet that helps to boost your immune system, such as olive, brown rice, cantaloupe, broccoli, leafy greens, apples and oranges. Analyze your food intake by listing the kinds of food that you eat regularly and consume healthier food.
- Eat leafy greens, vegetables, fruit, whole grains and beans for building your body’s resilience to fight illness. Include poultry and fish in your diet as these foods provide strength to the body.
- Avoid high-fat desserts. It is okay to have a desert sometimes on special occasions. However, avoid intake of deserts regularly as the immune system starts to weaken if there is a consistent intake of high-fat diet food which eventually results in serious illness.
- Cut down on large quantities of red meat and dairy products – these foods contain large quantity of fat that are not digested easily. It is necessary to reduce fat from your diet to strengthen your immune system.
- Educate yourself in understanding the significance of balancing your intake of minerals and vitamins. Too much of a good thing can result in an imbalance and result in mineral and vitamins not performing their dutie to help protect you.
Exercise to Improve your Defence System
- If you do not exercise now, then start now. There are so many advantages for your body by simply starting an exercise program.
- Walk daily for at least 30 minutes. Keeping the body moving and sweating helps in boosting your immune system.
Consider Cancer-Fighting Foods and Medicinal Herbs
- Drink black tea and green – they contain indoles, tannins and bioflavonoids. All antioxidants aids in fighting cancer.
- Eat garlic as it is a strong health enhancer. Its powerful properties stabilise and protect the immune system. The Iowa Women’s Health Study found that women with the highest amounts of garlic in their diets had a 50 percent lower risk of certain colon cancers than women who didn’t consume high amounts.
- Eat cruciferous veggies eg. cauliflower, cabbage, kale, all have cancer fighting components. Broccoli is also a cruciferous vegetable and is the only one with a sizable amount of sulforaphane – a potent compound that boosts the body’s protective enzymes and flushes out cancer-causing chemicals. According to Jed Fahey, Scd this helps fight breast, liver, lung, prostate, skin, stomach, and bladder cancers.
Other cancer fighting foods are:
- Berries, which help fight colon, esophageal, oral, and skin cancers
- Tomatoes, which help fight – endometrial, lung, prostate, and stomach cancers
- Walnuts, which help fight breast and prostate cancers
- Beans, which help fight breast and colon cancers
“Your body is your temple and the immune system is your foundation”